While many women proudly sport a silver mane, others wait for gray hairs to appear anxiously. So, whether you are in your early 20’s or late 50’s, greying hair will always come as a subtly veiled nightmare which reminds us of how fast the time is passing by.
“Fifty percent of the population has about 50% gray hair at age 50,” says Dr. Anthony Oro, professor of dermatology at Stanford University. This is also called the 50-50-50 rule. Whereas, Dr. Heather Woolery Lloyd, director of ethnic skin care at the University of Miami School of Medicine, says that ‘just like skin, hair changes its texture with age.’
However, there are many other factors which affect the gray on your hair. Lifestyle and stress can be some of the causes.
“Stress won’t cause you to go gray directly,” says Dr. Roopal Kundu, associate professor in dermatology at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine. “But stress is implicated in a lot of skin and hair issues.”
However, if you don’t think it’s possible to reverse grey hair, think again. Not, that there is something wrong with having gray hair, it’s just someone loves their natural color, so they want to keep it that way.
So, straight to the point. Are you a potato lover? Well, if you don’t like the taste much, you can use it for your hair.
With their high quantities of vitamins A, B6, C, D, and E, iron, zinc, magnesium, copper, potassium, niacin, and calcium, potatoes are the perfect go-to if you have hair loss problems, or you want to restore gray hair.
To get started, here are the ingredients:
4 cups of hot water
Essential oil (optional)
How to apply:
1. Peel six potatoes, and add them to a pot filled with four cups of water. Let the skins boil for 25 minutes. Let it sit for 15 minutes away from heat.
2. Strain the liquid into your clean bowl and throw out the peels.
3. Before using you can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Let the potato juice cool down to room temperature.
4. Wash your hair as usual and detangle them. Part your hair into 4-6 sections, or as many as your thickness and length allows.
5. Pour enough rinse into each section and don’t forget to cover your scalp as well.
6. Rinse out with cold water
For better results make sure to repeat the application at least once a week.